Saturday, December 29, 2012

Windows 8 Laptop, Wired? Want Wireless!

After another battle to get Windows 8 to retain a wireless connection using the Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 wireless card in the laptop, Windows 8 shows a connection established with the wireless network, shows activity (based on looking at the Send / Receive in the network adapter properties), and no actual Internet access.  There is still LAN access on the network, just no Internet access.  The Network and Sharing settings show there is an Internet connection on the wireless, there is even an IP address from the network, and still cannot browse any web site.  When I open a command prompt window to use ping, there is no results back.

I bought a laptop to use wireless.  I use wireless on my other laptops that do not run Windows 8 and those laptops have no problems with wireless.  Seems like if I want to use wireless on this laptop, I need to change over to Windows 7 Professional on this laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment