Thursday, December 20, 2012

Windows 8 or Linux Mint 14.1

After installing Visual Studio 2012 and SQL Server 2012 Express version in Windows 8 Pro on my primary laptop, I copied over the backed up Visual Studio 2010 projects, and Visual Studio 2012 seems to have converted the projects fine.  These are very basic programs in C# and .NET ASP from my learning of how to program.  After running in to more problems along the way, I have been using Linux Mint 14.1 more on my secondary laptop.

Linux Mint 14.1 on my secondary laptops run better than Windows 8 on my secondary laptop.  Linux has had no wireless connectivity issues, unlike Windows 8 continues to have wireless connection problems.  I have also found using Linux for daily tasks (Facebook, LinkedIn, E-mail, etc.) seems more stable and better to do in Linux.

I will try to write more later on what I have been researching between Windows 8 and Linux Mint 14.1.

No comments:

Post a Comment